How you can help
- Plant a tree and improve the local environment (this is seasonal and only available to larger groups as arrangements must be made with forestry commission)
- Bring out and distribute clothes and shoes to local poor families
- Drink tea or eat a meal at a local home and the money goes direct to them
- Don your decorating clothes and help a local family who lack the resources or skills to repair or decorate a room in their home (roofs often need repair following heavy rain) (contributions are requested from volunteers to pay for materials)
- Help out repairing or replacing irrigation ditches which are often damaged following heavy rain or flooding
- Muck in on a community project like replacing the irrigation channels, fording the river, repairing the road which gets damaged by the weather. Past projects include building a water tower and building the hamam
- Contribute to dental or medical expenses. Few Berbers have enough money to pay for treatment even in the Ministry of health hospitals and even fewer have health insurance
- Washable nappies, nappy wraps or covering pants are in demand and we have no supply (ask your friends if they have any leftovers)
- Using the village hamam (this is available to prebooked groups)
We also welcome those with practical skills, medical or complimentary therapy skills and experience.
Homestays and Riad Kasbah Oliver work with Baraka in Tighza. We need funding for medical operations, replacing a 4km section of water supply pipe and ongoing replacement of irrigation channels. Your donations make a massive difference to this small mountain community.All donations will be match funded by a private donor.
Find out more on our projects page, visit the Exodus website or contact Andy Mckee at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Baraka Community Partnerships website.
For further information, reservations and booking enquiries please contact Carolyn:
- Telephone - inside Morocco 0677840487, outside Morocco 00212 677840487
- Fixed phone 00212 524891828
- If you prefer to speak in English call 0044 7902395742
- To speak in French call 00212 677840487 or 00212 668443040
Or write to:
Carolyn and Mohamed,
BP No. 47 Ouarzazate,
© HomeStays Morocco 2016. Website Handmadebyfi